Today’s mission, which you have to accept, is to figure out what kind of life you’d like to lead when you get older. There will be several steps.
0. Work Quietly (or this will be homework, not classwork)
1. You should have your hard copy of the Desired Lifestyle Budget. Make sure you have it. I’ll give you a minute . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . got it? Good. Let’s move on.
2. Right click on the links below and choose “Open in a new window” – that way you’ll always have this page open to come back to.
3. Choose a house or apartment to rent or to own. You can look here to find dwelling places around the United States. If you want something else, you’re on your own. 🙂 Oh yeah – if you find another good site, let me know – I’ll put it up on the board or add it to this right away.
Century 21 (has an annoying song – sorry)
Kellar Williams (mostly houses in the Rio Grande Valley, but links to others as well)
4. Once you’ve chosen your home you should print out a one page picture and price of the home (copy and paste it into Word). Only print once – you’ll lose points for multiple printouts.
5. Next comes a car (or cars for some of you!) – choose one and print it out, just like the house. (Our 5 digit zip code here in McAllen is 78501 – you’ll need to know that) (also let me know if you find another car pricing site)
6. The next big step is finding a day care. You can search for this, or you can just pick a number between $250 and $1,250 a month. $250 will get you basic day care at a basic facility. $1,250 will get you a day care that is vegetarian, Catholic, elite, or something else that you really, really want in a day care. If you want a live in nanny for your young child, it’ll cost you between $1,500 and $4,000 a month.
7. Everything else should pretty much be on your Desired Lifestyle Budget. If you want to work on this at home, this page will stay up until the end of the year (and beyond!) – good luck and enjoy! 🙂
8. Find a job you would like to do and find the salary you would get paid each year. Add it to the last page of your paper and turn it in. You’re done! 🙂
Blessings & Peace,