Instructions for Today’s Class (05/08/07):
- You’re buying groceries to make meals for one (1) week for you and your two children (ages 7 and 3). That’s seven breakfasts for 3 people, seven dinners for 3 people, 2 lunches for 3 people, and 5 lunches just for you. You may also include snacks (after school, after dinner, etc.).
- You do not need to feed your kids lunch (they will eat at school or at their day care for free).
- On a separate sheet of paper (or on the paper I gave you, or typed in a Word or Excel document) write down the food for each meal and the cost.
- Add up all the costs for the week – that’s your total food expenses for the week.
- Multiply by four (4) to get your monthly total.
You can click on the following links to help you with your grocery shopping:
Blessings & Peace,
Mr. De La Rosa